To reduce static cling and help repel dust, wipe the blinds with dryer sheets. Do not use abrasive cleaners or chemical solvents, as they will scratch or damage the surface.
Bathtub cleaning can be used for faux woods.
- Immerse entire blind in lukewarm water with mild detergent. Wash by gently moving liquid around with your fingers. Not recommended for blinds with cotton or decorative tapes.
- Be careful NOT to immerse headrail.
- Rinse with clear water.
- Remove from rinse water and allow excess water to drain off.
- Re-install blind into window opening.
- Lower blind all the way to allow it to dry completely.
Ultrasonic cleaning is not recommended for faux wood blinds.